Winter Night Shelter (by referral only)
The night shelter has been running since 2015 and has supported over 150 homeless people in Peterborough. This Winter season the night shelter will be running from 26 November until 18 March. In order to use the Winter night shelter you will need to obtain a referral.
Referrals can be obtained from:
- The Garden House, Wheel Yard, Peterborough, PE1 1YL
Open 10am-4pm daily except Thursday
- Housing Needs, Peterborough City Council, Town Hall, Bridge Street, Peterborough, PE1 1HG
Open Monday-Friday 9am-5pm (except 11am Wednesdays)
Tel: 01733 864064
- New Haven Hostel, 38 Towler Street, Peterborough, PE1 2TX
Tel: 01733 554858
- Outside Links, 101 Wellington Street, Eastgate, Peterborugh PE1 5DU
Open Monday-Friday 10.30am-5pm
Tel: 0800 587 7745
Once you receive a referral, you will be provided with a meeting point time and place and transported to the church being used that day, where you will receive a warm meal and bed. You will be transported back to the Garden House at 8am the next morning where support to get off the streets offered.
Ten churches are working together to host our homeless guests and warm meals and beds, with loads of love and support to help people get off the streets will be offered. Each church is taking it in turns to host a winter night shelter on different dates. Only one church per night is available and details of the church will be advised when obtaining a referral.
- Christ the Carpenter, 93A Chestnut Avenue, Peterborough, PE1 4PE
- Wellspring Community Church, The Alpha Centre, Adderley, Bretton, Peterborough, PE3 8RA
- Peterborough Cathedral, Peterborough, PE1 1XS
- Salvation Army, 1203 Bourges Boulevard, Peterborough, PE1 2AU
- Dogsthorpe Methodist Church, Birchtree Avenue, PE1 4HP
- Park Road Baptist Church, Park Road, Peterborough, PE1 2TF
- Southside Methodist Church, 129 London Road, PE2 9DD
- All Saints Church, Park Road, Peterborough, PE1 2UL
- Brookside Methodist Church, 40 Gunthorpe Road, Peterborough, PE4 7TG
- St Mary Magdalene Church, Stilton, PE7 3RF
YMCA Time Stop Emergency Accommodation
If you are in need of immediate accommodation then YMCA Peterborough can provide you with a safe place to stay. We provide immediate short term (up to 3 months) relief for 16-25 year olds with a local connection to Peterborough City council authority area. You can apply directly by calling 01733 891891.
YMCA Time Stop (16-25)
Offers twenty two direct access single rooms for young people at risk of homelessness in Peterborough. If circumstances have forced a young person between 16 and 25 years old into homelessness Time Stop can provide access to immediate accommodation for up to 3 months. The rooms all have comfortable furniture, a sink and fridge freezer and there is shared access to bathrooms, kitchen complete with microwave, kettle, toaster and a communal lounge. Time Stop accepts referrals from any agency and self-referrals by telephone or in person. If you would like further information about Time Stop you can contact the hostel directly on 01733 891891.
YMCA The Cresset
Accommodation consists of 61 self-contained studio flats with ensuite and 28 licensed flats with shared facilities. With on-going support residents are given the life skills to empower and enable them to move onto more independent living within the building. YMCA The Cresset accepts referrals from any agency and self referral by telephone on 01733 269621.
Axiom, The New Haven
The New Haven is a 12-week short stay direct access hostel providing temporary supported accommodation for up to 19 homeless people aged 17 and over. The project includes one crash bed facility and is located at Towler Street, Peterborough PE1 2TX. For more information about The New Haven call 01733 554858.
Hope into Action Peterborough
Provide homes for the most vulnerable in society in partnership with local churches. Self referral. No emergency accommodation. Call 01733 558301 or visit 26 North Street, Peterborough.